Nvu is a free (gpl) multiplatform program (also available for Mac), belonging to the category Development software with subcategory Development editors (more specifically WYSIWYG Editors) and has been created by Nvu.
It's available for users with the operating system Windows 98 and previous versions, and it is only available in English. The program version is 1.0 and was updated on 2/22/2006.
Since the software has been added to our selection of programs and apps in 2005, it has already reached 824.700 installations, and last week it achieved 42 downloads.
About the download, Nvu is a light program that requires less storage than many programs in the category Development software. It's very heavily used in United States, Indonesia, and Slovenia.
- Fixed: Source view was wrapping at column 30
- Fixed: cannot outdent an indented list in CSS mode
- Fixed: changing the type of a list item in a Strict DTD-based document and CSS mode can lead to invalid markup
- Fixed: cannot change twice the type of a list in CSS mode
- Fixed: refreshing a local site's view in the Site Manager has not effect and freezes the throbber
- Fixed: "New tab" and "Revert" contextual menu items added to tabs
- Fixed: Form insertion dialog's width has problems when using the More/Fewer button
- Fixed: iframe elements' end tag removed in XHTML but IE chokes on it (*sigh*)
- Fixed: cannot make an image float using CSS through the image dialog in Strict mode (wow, in fact it was not a bug, I forgot to implement it back in 2002! Thanks Erich Reto Iseli for the heads up.)
- Fixed: publishing an XHTML document was publishing something different from a locally saved version
- Fixed: typo in Help, "secion" instead of "section"
- Fixed: Help window is always on top on Mac OS X, forcing to close Help window to edit again
- Fixed: Site Manager now lists all directories before normal files and sorts both case insensitive, whatever the platform (Windows does this by default but not unix)
- Fixed: Site Manager chokes on remote empty directories
- Fixed: Site Manager chokes on local rempty directories
- Fixed: creating a new directory was inserting an new entry at the wrong place
- Fixed: changing the color of links has no effect in Nvu
- Enhancement: added a "Reload images" contextual menu entry to tabs
- Fixed: inserting a form into an XHTML document freezes Nvu
- Fixed: middle-click on a tab closes the tab
- Fixed: control-F4 closes the currrent tab
- Fixed: Insert > Smart widgets > Made With Nvu Button now uses the new smaller Document made with Nvu
- Fixed: double-clicking on an image file from a local-HD site in the Site Manager was not inserting the image into the document
- Fixed: "Contributed User Guide" => "User Guide"
- Fixed: if at least 2 tabs are currently edited, closing the current tab through context menu "Close Tab" and IMMEDIATELY applying H1 to the remaining tab crashes Nvu
- Fixed: editing a textarea deletes it
- Fixed: editing a label deletes it
- Fixed: editing a select element in XHTML does not list the options and optgroups
- Enhancement: "copy" added to contextual menu in Help window and Copy button added to its toolbar
- Enhancement: Help dialog buttons now target the relevant help section
- Inline Spell Checker now disabled by default